NJ ROAD TEST & REFRESHER COURSE
When it comes time to take the NJ Road Test, Primo Driving School is ready to help. Primo Driving School will accompany the student at the time of the road test and provide a ‘Refresher Course’ review lesson, to ensure you have all the skills needed.
An instructor will review every aspect and maneuvers for the test, with a special concentration on parallel parking. If you are interested in hiring Primo Driving School for this service, we recommend that you contact our office four weeks prior to test date to ensure availability for your date.
If you need to reschedule test time or date you can do so online by clicking here.
ABOUT THE NJ ROAD TEST
You will be tested on the following skills:
- Starting your vehicle
- Steering (hands at 10/2 or 9/3)
- Stopping (full stop behind line)
- Turning (hand over hand)
- Backing (reverse in straight line, left hand top of wheel, looking over right shoulder)
- Turn around, K-turn or 3 point turn
- Intersections (look both ways when approaching intersection)
- Speed control (speed limit is 25 mph)
- Parking (parallel parking)
- Up/Down Hill Parking (Rahway test center no curb)
- Attention (follow directions)
WHAT’S NEEDED FOR THE NJ ROAD TEST
- Properly equipped vehicle includes: access to brake, working signals, brake lights or Primo Driving School vehicle
- Vehicle must be registered, inspected, insured with all current documentation
- Accompanied by a licensed NJ Driver or Primo Driving School Instructor
- Student Driver must have: valid permit, original civil birth certificate or passport
WHAT YOU’LL NEED FOR A
NJ PHOTO DRIVERS LICENSE
Six Points of Identification
are necessary to obtain NJ Drivers License.
The following is an example of six points for a student:
- Original civil birth certificate or passport (4pts)
- Social security card (1pt) or number
- School issued photo id with report card or transcript containing address (2pts)
- More examples of identification can be found by clicking here